Mario Deaths! Mario Deaths!

Not too bad

Not bad at all.

I think you're showing a good deal of potential here. Where there was animation, it was very smooth. The humor was a bit hit or miss, but I haven't been laughing much today, so I may be biased as the moment. As well, not a bad concept to dive in to.

The only things I see that you should really improve on is the overall art of the cartoon. That's not to say that the art is terrible, but I'm sure you can see room for improvement.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your next animation.

Not another stick movie 1 Not another stick movie 1

Not bad

It was alright. The humor was hit or miss for the most part.

The animation was alright, and for the most part it seemed pretty well done.

Recycled Mario Recycled Mario

Very nice

I really got a kick out of this movie. More than anything it took me back a few years to playing all the old Mario games (but it also made me sad to realize all of the more recent ones have sucked, hah).

Anyway, keep up the good work, I'm pulling for you to win that tablet!!

Simple Mouse Maze Simple Mouse Maze

Simple, but good

You kept things very simple, which I thought to be quite good. It was an easy premise, and you managed to pull it off rather well.

The only thing I would recommend adding would be to add some music, or sound effects to the game. Even improving the graphics wouldn't hurt a but.

As far as the graphics in general, they were fine. It was basic, but all the bits of animation that you used were quite smooth. You might want to work on your collision detection a bit more, but you definitely seem to be on the right track.

Very decent quality for your first submission.

joenbob responds:

Wow I didnt expect a review this fast. Thank you for your advice.

REDDER REDDER

Metroid-esqe

The game certainly had a very Metroid feel, to it. There were a number of times that I was having flashbacks to Super Metroid on the SNES.

Overall, it was a very decent game. After a while, it lost my interest, though I found myself playing it for nearly an hour before I go to that point.

Good job, overall, on the gameplay, feel, and overall look of the game. I'm very impressed.

Magic Split Magic Split

A first...

I don't normally review games that are still under judgment, but this was pretty impressive.

While I've played a few different games with essentially the same concept is this one, I enjoyed this one more than quite a few. The music that's going on fit the atmosphere of the game quite well, and didn't really get annoying until about 20 or so minutes of constant play.

The game does have a little bit of an addicting side, despite the very simply concept.

I especially enjoyed the graphics that you used for this game. Very simple, but still very good.

The last thing I want to touch on is the game play. You did a good job getting the physics just right, and adding just the right level of difficulty.

Congratulations for making a fine game for your introduction to the world of Newgrounds. I'm looking forward to your future game submissions.

Final Fantasy MQ - Dark Quest Final Fantasy MQ - Dark Quest

Amazing

This definitely took me back to my youth. I loved this game more than anything else that I played on SNES. I know that I beat it at least 4 or 5 times in a span of like three years.

Although its been years since I last played this game, if your rendition can take me back so vividly to playing this game, then it certainly has a certain air to it. There's not a single thing that I can think of to improve on, to be honest with you.

Amazing work.

10/10 - 5/5

P.S.
This is also the first song from Newgrounds I've downloaded.

saintedix responds:

Thanks a lot iband! Yeah, I beat the snot out of this game as well. Tristam was my favorite because of the ninja stars he had ;)

UGO - Resistir (8-bit) UGO - Resistir (8-bit)

Awesome

Just awesome. I don't have a whole lot to add.

Good work.

Juguito responds:

thnx for the score
i didn't understand that thing about kevin bacon... :S

I
i
I

i wanna be your smile i wanna be your smile

Not bad at all

I have to say that, as a whole, it was a pretty decent bit of work.

There were a few times that it sounded as though you got out of time between the two tracks, but that could have been the reverb and phaser effects playing tricks on my ears. Either way, it did give a bit of that impression.

I wasn't a HUGE fan of the tone that you used, specifically on the rhythm guitar. It may just be on my personal preference, but I think that the rhythm guitar could have been improved by being acoustic. Perhaps even playing the part twice, once on electric and then on acoustic, and layering them appropriately.

It was good overall, and I think any kinks that it may have could be in the editing department, because you sound like a very solid player. Editing is a whole different story and can be the most annoying thing in music.

Keep up the good work, man.

waiting2exist responds:

thanks a lot, i appreciate the feed back